Protecting consumers’ privacy rights
We live in a digital age where personal data can easily become jeopardized. What’s more, given the readily available technology, it’s easy for companies to gather personal information without your consent. Fortunately, state and federal law give consumers important privacy rights.
At Schmierer Law Group, we’re passionate about standing up for consumer privacy rights. Our attorneys have a wealth of experience navigating privacy violation and consumer protection claims, including class actions. We understand the intricacies of privacy law and the process for pursuing these claims. Through careful review of your situation and diligent representation, we can fight for the compensation and justice you deserve.
Common examples of privacy violations
You may have grounds to pursue legal action for a privacy violation in scenarios such as:
- Companies selling your data without your consent
- Employers collecting your biometric data (fingerprints, face scans, etc.) without your consent
- Companies recording you on phone calls without your consent
- Companies sending you spam texts or robocalls without your consent
- Data leaks and security breaches that jeopardize your personal information
- Violation of your privacy rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Invasion of your privacy by creditors (creditor harassment), which may be a violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
While based in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, we also handle cases in California involving the California Invasion of Privacy Act.
Learn more about your rights during a free consultation
If you know or suspect that your privacy rights were violated, contact us for a free consultation. Our lawyers can advise you of your options for pursuing compensation, whether through an individual or class action claim. You can also call our office at 888-811-8799. We offer free, no-obligation consultations.